On today's morning announcements, our very own Brooklyn got a huge shout out from Ms. Fagundes! During Calico, someone lost an iPod Touch in the staff lounge couch. Miss Brooklyn was sitting in there during the post-Calico meeting and found it. She knew it wasn't her's and did the right thing by turning it in so it could be reunited with it's owner. Great job Brooklyn! You showed trustworthiness and responsibility!
While I'm talking about Brooklyn, I have to share her comment to me from the other day. We were working away in the classroom and the class was silent ~ a little too silent ~ and I started "singing." Anyone who knows me, you know I'll NEVER be a singer, but today's singing was over-the-top horrible, high pitched (all done on purpose to break up the silence). Brooklyn, doesn't miss a beat, and says, "Are you on the internet? You should Google 'how to sing'." Hmm, this girl who shows such trustworthiness and responsibility earlier, where's the respect? Of course, I know she's full of respect, I love the sense of humor and having students in the class who can give me a hard time right back as I give it to them. I'm still laughing at her comment to me days later!
Have I mentioned how much fun I'm having with this group of kids? I don't think I'm going to let them advance to 3rd grade, I may just need to keep them in 2nd!
No comments:
Post a Comment