Monday, October 21, 2013

Calico Art Festival

I can't believe I didn't have my camera out at Calico yesterday!  It's the first time in years I wasn't accused of being paparazzi :)

I had a late start on Calico as my two younger boys desperately needed naps before coming out.  But, what an turn out we had!  It seemed the silent auction and carnival areas were a little less full than usual; however, it didn't stop any of the fun!  We had plenty of vendors to shop from, great food to eat (only time of the year I get a tri-tip sandwich!) and amazing baskets to bid on.

I am so excited about our class baskets!  Donations were down all throughout the school ~ people just can't give like they used to; but, our room moms did an amazing job putting together our items.  I'm not sure how they did it, but we were very successful at the silent auction.  I don't have a definite number yet; but, from just the little I saw and quick math, I think our class raised around $600!  This is amazing and I am so thankful to all those who donated to the baskets, placed bids and helped us reach this amount.  The money we raise through this fundraiser helps provide your students with special extras we otherwise wouldn't have the chance to give the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment