Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Schedule Changes

Got the e-mail with the new schedules for this coming school year.  Anyone who knows me knows I don't like change!  First, I'm losing the BEST enrichment time primary grades could have :(  It was great while it lasted but I knew it was bound to go away.  The hardest change will be lunch.  Our lunch is now 45 minutes later than it has been for years.  Boy, these kids will be HUNGRY come lunch time being so much after their schedule ~ and so will their teacher! 

I'm sure these changes will be great once we get used to our new schedules and in a routine.  A big positive is that the kids will have less time in the classroom after lunch.  We'll have an hour less of class time during the time of day when students begin to tire and check out.  Just be sure the kids have snacks to eat during recess!

Now that I have my set schedule, it's time to start scheduling the classroom reading and math times.  I love this part of my job, the planning and scheduling!  Only 30 more days until school starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment