Spent a great deal of the morning working on my new class web site and I have to say, I'm loving Google Sites! They have this great countdown feature that will automatically keep a countdown to an upcoming event. Love the feature, but didn't really enjoy seeing 14 days until school starts!
I've been spending the past few weekends working in the classroom and I am glad to say, I think it's just about ready for the kids to come! I have the finishing touches of name tags and setting out individual materials; but, the basic preparation is done and I am ready for the doors to open!
With the classroom prep ready, that leaves the planning. With the upcoming common core standards, I feel the pressure to be more organized than ever before. I've spent the past few days prepping an organizational binder and I think I have my perfect tool to keep me prepared and focused! I'll spend tomorrow planning math with my grade level and will continue next week planning reading.
It's a good thing I'm feeling ahead of the game right now! This will help ease the stress of the weekend before school starts because I'll have a busy non-school related weekend celebrating Austin's 7th birthday and getting to see Tyler's first return home from college!
No comments:
Post a Comment