The day was a long day; but, it was a fun day and I can tell this is going to be an awesome group of students. I love when the day takes a turn and you just have to abandon those lesson plans and take the class in a different direction than planned. This happened yesterday on our 1st day of school and it allowed me the opportunity to introduce the class to our theme song for the year:
This has to be the BEST resource to help students learn the idea of tolerance and accepting others as they are. We had the chance to have our class talk about how we may not all be friends but we do need to always show each other respect. Please take time to view the video above. The pictures are the actual illustrations from the book; so, if this speaks to your family, you may want to find the book for your home. (I have it in the classroom!)
I'm looking forward to a great year with this group of kids and I think we'll have a lot of fun learning! I hope they are as excited as I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment