I know this blog should be about the current class and all the learning we do; but, I have to share what happened with a former student this past week. I mean, after all, it's not like these kids ever stop being my students, even after they leave 2nd grade they will always be one of "mine" from here on out!
This week I was reminded of how it really is the little things you don't even realize you do that makes the largest impact on the students I teach. I had just finished getting a haircut when I received a text message from a parent from a previous year. She said her son was having a hard time finding a good book or series to read and it was making him not want to read again. This mom had asked his current teacher for some help in selecting level appropriate books her son may enjoy. The boy then told her mom that, "Mr. Price picks good books, can you ask him?"
I LOVE THAT! It's an amazing feeling that what he remembers from me is the entertainment he received from the books I read aloud or pointed him to read. It really is the little things that make the difference! But, now I have a responsibility to live up to and hope I can direct him in the right direction ~ I have 3 for him to check out and hope at least 1 does the trick or my credibility may be ruined :)
No comments:
Post a Comment