I mention the above paragraph as an intro to this post because I guess I should have been listening to my own talk! I'm a not a huge athlete and don't really follow sports; but, I am hugely competitive. On the ball field, my students are hearing a different side to me (as are the parents!) I don't see myself as "one of those" dads; but, yes, I do get in to the game and am very vocal! I try to remember they are kids and I do encourage both teams for their good plays; but, nothing gets my blood pumping and energy flowing like watching my little boy out there playing ball ~ and when he makes a good hit, I'm yelling so loud everyone around probably wants me removed from the field. But, luckily for my son, once the game is over, I'm over it too! Tell him good job and we go about our night.
The sad thing is my competitive nature doesn't stop at just watching my kids play sports! Often times companies will do promotional giveaways for teachers or classrooms. Of course I'm on top of it trying to win the prize! Recently an iPad case company I love (GripCase) was offering an iPad case and 2 accessories for the Instagram picture that was most original. Knowing I'm trying to bring more iPads to our class, I wanted a free case and stand ~ one less I'll have to buy down the road! So, I got busy thinking of ideas ~ and of course, being me, I couldn't stop at just one. There were a total of around 12 pictures posted ~ 4 were mine!
The giveaway deadline was yesterday, and ever since I've been constantly checking Instagram, my e-mail and their Facebook page waiting to hear who the winner will be. Last night they posted they would announce the winner today! This morning, they began teasing us by posting a picture of one of the entries. Soon it has become evident they are posting an entry every hour as they lead up to the final winner announcement. So far, 3 of my 4 posts have been featured along with about 3 other posts. I have one final shot at being the winning photo and I sure hope it wins! Of course, my last entry wasn't exactly a photograph, it was a drawing my oldest son did for me and I may be biased but I REALLY think it deserves the prize ~ my idea with my son's artistic ability, really, there is no better combination!
Here's the drawing my son did for the contest as to why we deserve a GripCase, stand and neck strap:
Here's hoping we get selected for the prize because if not, I may be showing unsportsmanlike behavior and that would not be good role modeling :)

No comments:
Post a Comment