After hours of waiting, I find our class has won the Gripcase Instagram Giveaway I posted about yesterday! Very exciting news; but, the day of good news didn't stop there! At last night's Parent Booster Club meeting, my proposal was approved and they granted me $1,500 to use towards my iPad project! I really didn't expect to receive anything as they are saving for other projects and other teachers hadn't come forward with any requests; but, after some discussion, they approved the donation!
I've already ordered the screen protectors and mini styluses from NoMoreRack.com. I also ordered the Gripcase and stands. I was able to take advantage of their BOGO offer and ordered 1 case and had another sent to the school. As of right now, I have enough money to completely outfit 3 iPad2s for the class. I may also be able to purchase an extra iPad2 for later use once I can get the money for another case, stand and screen protector!
I am very excited about this process and seeing it come to be a reality this year! Once we return from Spring Break, we should have 2 iPads for every group of students. I am currently working on planning what I hope will be fun and engaging unit for the kids. I will be researching different uses for the iPads throughout this unit and hope to have the kids interacting regularly with the technology!
No comments:
Post a Comment