Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Signs the End of the School Year is Near

It's that time of year again and I always know what to expect.  It never fails, just as school is coming to a close and when school begins to start back up, my insomnia kicks in!  I have so many things on my to-do list and add that with all that I want to do to make the end special for this group, my list is getting larger.  My mind just won't shut off :(

One thing to check off the list is the awards ceremony.  I hate that the awards are given out 3 weeks before school is actually out; but, I don't control the calendar.  The awards assembly was great yesterday and I'm happy to see so many families were represented.  I was especially impressed with the amount of students who hadn't received a tag for the 3rd trimester ~ actually, we almost had the entire class in that category!  What was more impressive was that I had 15 students who haven't received a tag/referral ALL year long!  That is unheard of!  Have I mentioned what a great class this is?  If you haven't heard that before, you may want to read this blog a little more carefully :)

Of course, it never fails.  The awards assembly was yesterday and today I spent a great deal of the morning talking with students and fixing "mean girl" issues.  Never a fun part of the morning, but another sign the end of the year is coming near!  And of course we don't stop there, students believing that since the awards have been handed out, we must not care about behavior any longer ~ WRONG!  Mr. Price ALWAYS cares about behavior; but, some students are learning that the hard way.  Hopefully just a rough morning will fix all those issues and lead us in to a great rest of the week!

I'm almost done DRA testing all your children and I'm impressed with their growth!  As soon as that is done, I can begin the report card process and hopefully check another couple "to-do" items off my list so I can sleep a little.  Luckily baseball season ends Wednesday night and hopefully I can get to my classroom this weekend to get more things done so we can all have an enjoyable last 2 weeks of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment